Sunday, January 30, 2011

So Much More to Me

I'm so much more than what I eat and how much I exercise. Inspired by a favorite author and blogger, this is going to the place where I tell my story.
My "happiness" has always depended on whether I've been "good" (eating right and exercising.) If that is the only criteria, no wonder I'm pretty miserable. Going to try to put that out of my mind. I've changed my focus on exercise to something more goal oriented - I registered for two races: a 5K in March and a 5Mile in May (the plan is to do a 10K in Oct and a 60 mile 3-day in May 2012.) First day of "training" on Friday I did 2 17-minute miles on the treadmill. Will take it from there.
The "more to me" is that I am a photographer, and for years I just put it aside. For the past year or so I've come back to it and I think I am pretty good. I've also come back to all things creative - my scrap booking hobby and quilting. Engaging in these activities helps me feel creative and free. I will keep it up and see how NOT focusing on food and exercise will help the food and exercise.
2011 is the year of transformation!

No comments:

Post a Comment